FUCKYEAHTEENLOCK’S HISTORICAL ALTERNATE UNIVERSE CONTEST
Graphics by Grace (jim-moriarty-in-your-flesh.tumblr.com)
Theme: A Historical AU fic is a fic that’s set in a past time period, such as the Victorian era or colonial times. However, for this contest, we will be accepting pieces from any past time period, so long as it occurred before the onset of the new millennium (the year 2000). That means you can do the ’50s, the ’90s, caveman times, 1492, whatever you want. Your piece MUST accurately represent your chosen time period to the best of your ability and must be noticeably from that time. (i.e. don’t say it’s the ’50s and then have people using mobile phones, or mention that it’s set in Victorian England and then never bring it up again).
Word Limit: Entries must be between 5,000 and 20,000 words in length. Participants are welcome to add more to their stories, but we will stop reading at 20,000 words.
Due Date: May 31st.
- Participants must have a valid email address or tumblr account so we can inform them of their flawless victory.
- Submissions are to be made through the submissions tab in our sidebar, and clearly state that this is a contest entry, not a normal submission. If you have trouble using/locating the submissions page, please let us know.
- Your fic must be uploaded to some medium we can link, be it a tumblr post, a fanfiction.net story or an archiveofourown story. If you need help signing up for or locating these resources, please ask. You must include a link to the fic and a title in your submission, but you are welcome to include other information (trigger warnings, rating, etc.)
- Crossovers are NOT permitted for this particular contest.
- Anonymous submissions are NOT permitted.
- Your fic may feature any pairing you like and may be of any rating, but it MUST fit into teenlock, kidlock, parentlock, and/or unilock in addition to fitting the theme. See our “What is Teenlock?” sidebar tab for information on these universes.
- Must be submitted by 11:59 PM EST on the day it’s due.
- Previously published works are NOT permitted. Entries must be written specifically for this contest.
- Only one entry is permitted per entrant.
- All winners will receive a custom fic cover designed by Grace and a review of their fic on the blog.
- The first place winner will receive a fic written by one/all of the ladies at FYTL for any prompt they desire (there may be some limitations).